THE TANNING REVOLUTION!!!
It’s safe to say I generally maintain a more english rose complexion (in other words I can’t be bothered to commit to proper sunbathing and even if i do I don’t seem to hold a tan anyway). Now whilst I do love pale skin, my legs definitely look better with a bit of colour on them, especially if i’m having to expose them during the summer months! Over the years i’ve tried it all, various lotions and potions and spray tans of all kinds and i’ve never been that impressed by any of them!
Then along came the St Tropez Self Tan express Advanced Bronzing Mousse and changed my opinion of fake tanning at home completely! This unlike others is a gorgeous tan colour, doesn’t smell and wins huge points for convenience in that you can be good to go within 1 hour!
Fuss free, and easy to use simply apply leave on for one hour for a natural tan, 2 hours for a classic St Tropez tan and 3 hours for a dark tan then jump in the shower, wash it off and you’re done! It’s that simple! No sleeping in a snow angel position over night or waking up with tanned bed sheets!
Pre application I used the Tan Enhancing Body polish to exfoliate and create a clean, smooth canvas. Then during the days after the express tan I used Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser (both by St Tropez) to help it fade evenly and prolong the tan. All three products work together like a dream!
There’s been a lot of hype surrounding these products and I can totally see why…they really deliver on everything they promise!
Have you tried these products?
TOP 5 ON THE GO NAIL ESSENTIALS
- Bourjois Magic Nail polish Remover - I don’t know one beauty blogger that doesn’t love this cult beauty classic……nail polish remover in a sponge in a bottle dip your nail in twist remove and no more nail polish! Great for travelling as no cotton pads needed, it lasts ages and really does leave your nails feeling soft.
- The Body Shop Almond Nail & Cuticle Oil - This little pen shaped beauty is perfect for commuter borden for caring for your nails on the go. Nice and convenient, not messy and a twist up gel pen you massage in and nourish the nail and surrounding area. I also do this at night before bed and leave it on quite thick to soak in.
- A 3in1 nail file,buffer and Shine tool - I got mine from Sephora but I think this one has since been discontinued but everywhere does these. i always prefer having a 3in1 as theres less chance of me losing little tools between different handbags. Use this to shape, shine and buff your nails on the go.
- Toe Seporators - Again any brand will do so don’t spend a fortune on these.
- Rituals Nail Varnish Corrector Pen - This is your ultimate back up plan when painting nails on the go. This little pen has a foam tip which is soaked in nail polish remover and it ensures precise corrections so don’t worry if you’re in a rush and your end result is looking a little messy…..with this tool you can perfect your manicure in seconds. It even has 3 spare foam tips in the bottom of the pen to replace when one starts to look too grubby!
Angelina Jolie Oscars 2014 Tutorial Featuring Hannah Janes
Hannah also has an amazing YouTube Channel click HERE to see more!
LONG LIVE PRINT! THE FASHION MAGAZINE POST…
Modern technology has bought us many wonderful things but it has meant with the increase of so many great fashion magazines turning digital, the cost to print continues to rise. Don’t get me wrong, I do love my gadgets, in particular my iPad but there’s nothing like seeing a beautiful editorial in print! When I first started as a makeup artist there was something so wonderful and incredibly rewarding about seeing work you had created, ideas you had thought up on the pages of a magazine. The future doesn’t look great for print and what with so many well loved editorials turning to digital only, I think the price of independent fashion mags continues to increase in price because it costs more to make them. With that said I think people are more careful with their money nowadays and if they are going to buy print they want to know they are getting their money’s worth so i’ve listed a few I bought recently that I have been enjoying…..
Other Magazines I enjoy reading/find inspiring:
Please leave your recommendations in the comments below as i’d love to know what editorials you guys enjoy reading and like to buy in print?
MY LOVE FOR LIPSTICK QUEEN LIVES ON….
Firstly there packaging is AMAZE!!!! This latest favourite is called Medieval and it’s a sheer red that creates an almost 17th century rouge, at least thats what it reminds me of. I think I’d wear this with loads of mascara and add a few drawn on freckles. I actually quite like this on the cheeks too as it makes a really nice sheer rouge that’s glowy and fresh looking just like when you’ve run for the bus. I mention it on the blog because it’s not an obvious choice but I think this looks so pretty as both a lip and a cheek glow so felt it needed a special HMIU mention!
RED CARPET MANICURE - THE SALON FINISH AT HOME
AW14 EYELINER TRENDS MAKEUP TUTORIAL
FOXES NEW MUSIC VIDEO - GLORIOUS - MAKEUP BY ME
So happy I can finally share this with you lovely people! We shot this video for Foxes new single in beautiful Barcelona and it was such a great concept. I don’t want to give too much away before you watch it, but lets just say there’s a great dose of David La Chapelle style going on! I loved doing this makeup as we just chose to play up Foxes natural beauty, keeping her skin clean and fresh with a few extra freckles and then those trademark lashes!
LOOKING FOR A LONG LASTING CONCEALER THIS SUMMER?
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer comes in a great variety of shades and the range is made up of pink and yellow tones so it’s nice and easy to find your perfect shade! The formula of these makes them perfect for summer as they can be built up in nice thin layers, it does’t cake, brightens perfectly and as the name would suggest is long lasting…perfect the summer heat!
GOLDFRAPP AT GLASTONBURY 2014 - MAKE UP BY ME
Last week I had the pleasure of doing the makeup for Alison Goldfrapp at this year’s Glastonbury Festival. Here is a clip of her performing ‘Strict Machine’ Which was amazing to hear live with all the crowd singing back. This track reminds me of when I first moved to London and some very happy memories so it felt very special to be apart of it. For Alison’s makeup we went for a deep smokey eye with lots of kohl and just a natural lip. It was a great weekend!