I can’t believe how close we really are to Christmas now. It’s funny, living in LA, I’ve had to accept that I don’t really feel that christmassy until it gets dark. It’s very odd to me still seeing Christmas lights and Christmas trees while its 28 degrees outside and the sun is shinning, but one thing I do know, is I am ready for some festivities with my family and friends, and ultimately some down time.
I’m writing this post with the realisation that I still haven’t actually done any Christmas shopping, talk about leaving it to the last minute! So for those of you who (like myself) have also left it to the very last minute, and were looking for the ultimate beauty gift, todays video should help, and I also wrote a post The Best beauty gifts under $50, but today I want to focus on the opposite end of the price spectrum, and bring you the best bargains out there, beauty products that really perform, but keeping it under the $10 price tag.
1. Elf is a great brand that really offers affordable beauty that does what it says on the tin, If I had to choose one thing from the line that I would love to receive as a gift it would have to be Elf Velvet Matte Lipstick, with an impressive colour payoff, this comes in at $6!!!!
2. You can always rely on Sephora for holiday gift giving, and Sephora Collection’s Winter Magic Eyeshadow Palette ($10) contains 8 warm tone shades, with a mix of mattes and shimmers, perfect for smokey eyes.
3. Smith’s Rosebud Salve has a nostalgic charm to it, a great lip balm with a vintage looking tin, this is a very chic gift. At only $6 you can use this for lips, cuticles or to add a little sheen to the tops of cheekbones on the go.
4. Who doesn’t love a facemask? And more to the point, who doesn’t want hydrated radiant looking skin? Come Boxing Day you’ll be ready for some TLC after all the festivities, and Dr Jart+ Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution Mask ($6) will be the perfect pick me up to get you ready and rearing for the new year.
5. NYX Illuminators ($9) offer up the ultimate highlighter, perfect for face and body and available in 5 different shades. This also looks great as a wash of colour over the eyelid, or in the inner corners of the eye to open up the eyes and brighten.
6. For hair lovers, Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Starter Trio is a great little set, for $10 you get a shampoo, conditioner and 5 in 1 styling treatment, perfect for gym goers and those that travel a lot.
7. When it comes to affordable skincare, no on does it better than The Ordinary, I’m obsessed with the 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Oil, At just $9.80 this is an absolute steal. In fact most products from the Ordinary come in at less than $10 so definitely one to check out for the skin care obsessives!
8. The Body Shop has some great offerings this year, beautiful little soaps, and this Coconut Body Gift Set is only $9. It comes in a cute little cube (easy to wrap) with a mini shower cream, a mini milk body lotion and a bath lily in cream.
9. The beauty department at H&M has beautiful packaging, very minimal and chic, so looks like it costs a lot more than it actually does. Any of the products from here make for beautiful gifting, and if I had to pick one it would have to be the H&M Cream Blush. It comes in a gorgeous white hexagon packaging with gold accents so easily gives off Tom Ford vibes, but thankfully at a snip of the price coming in at $9.99.
10. Kiko is another go to of mine when it comes to affordable beauty that performs. One product that I’ve used in my kit for years by Kiko is their Smart Fusion Lip Pencils, these cost $4!!! Crazy! I even use these as lipsticks sometimes and fill in the whole lip because they last so well. A creamy formula so no dragging on the lips, but also a nice matte finish that doesn’t bleed.
So there you have it, my affordable beauty gift guide, don’t forget to check out my Best Beauty Products Under $50 too, and if you’re looking for a luxury beauty gift and want to know which ones are worth the hefty price tag, then watch the video below.
Photos By Jenn Collins, Makeup By Me, Hair By Ashley Lynn Hall, Styling Sarah Kinsumba. Modelled By Hélène Desmettre.
SHOP THE POST