1. Ten items of makeup goes a long way! It’s amazing how many ways you can use one cream based product, what originally is meant as a lipstick quickly becomes a cheek colour, or an eyeshadow.
2. You can actually hit pan! Using the same products for one month meant I actually finished my Clarins Instant lip Perfector. I don’t think I’ve ever finished aa product that quickly before. Using products up means less waste.
3. I had so much more time in the morning! It definitely made getting ready that little bit quicker only having ten products to choose from.
4. It felt great to get creative again! I think the whole point of the challenge for me was to find new ways to fall back in love with makeup I already had, yes it meant getting creative but I liked challenging myself to approach my makeup bag the same way I do my pro kit, to mix more and experiment with texture and colour.
5. Less is more! I actually made way more looks than I thought imaginable and the truth is I think I could have made more but was worried my content would get a bit repetitive.
6. It helps you find whats missing! Much like a capsule wardrobe I think the great thing about this challenge is you can actually see whats missing in your makeup collection, that one product that maybe would pull everything else together, rather than impulse purchasing you actually buy things you need.
7. It caught on! The best part of the whole experience was connecting with you guys. Seeing all your #capsulemakeupchallenge hashtags with your own challenges was so rewarding and to be able to snoop into the products you choose was great fun!
8. I want to do it again! I think maybe I would find a way to show multiple looks in one video or do it seasonally. I like the idea of playing with different themes, like maybe drugstore only in January or a holiday makeup bag edit for example. There’s so many ways it can work and I’m looking forward to more capsule makeup challenges again in the future.
SHOP MY CAPSULE MAKEUP BAG