I’m the first to admit, that I’m not the best at sale shopping, and more times than not, still end up purchasing non sale items! I think it’s important to remember that if you wouldn’t buy it full price, then don’t buy it in the sale. I’m all for a bargain, but I still think it’s easy to be sucked into the hype and end up buying stuff you don’t actually need and often even want but you find yourself clicking buy now because something ‘feels’ like a good deal.
Me and the work wife Lindsey Kelk went into great detail on this topic and shared our top picks for holiday gift giving (or keeping) over on the latest episode of Full Coverage so make sure you check that out. We had a right old laugh, and quickly came to the conclusion that Lindsey is the devil on your shoulder telling you to buy it all, where as I am (in this case) the more sensible one who will make you really question the said purchase. Imagine that the next time you’re in Sephora, me and Lindsey on your shoulders! Scary!
So if you’re already signed up to my VIP section you will have received the best beauty deals a few days earlier via my newsletter, but I wanted to make sure I gave you some of the current deals that I think are worth the hype, plus some tips on how to shop smart….
Sign Up To Newsletters – I know this one won’t be for everyone, but this is often the best way to get early access to the sales, and the best deals a day or two before everyone else, or get access to mailing list only offers. I like to flag any of the brands sales that I know I’m interested in on my emails , so I have them book marked, and have easy access to the ones that will actually be relevant to me.
Look At Your Current Stash – Decide whats missing, what needs updating, and use the sales as a way to repeat purchase things you know you already love. For me Black Friday and cyber weekend deals are often when I batch buy my favourite staples such as makeup removers and makeup items I use on a daily basis, so I have some spare ready for when they run out.
Prioritise – Is there anything you’ve had your eye on for a really long time? Now is the time to purchase it at potentially the lowest price you will get access to. Good things come to those who wait. But remember, the golden rule is, if you wouldn’t buy it full price, don’t buy it just because it’s in the sale!
Make A Gift List – I know this is an obvious one but I think this is when these kind of deals can really help a gal out. Make sure you have your list of who you are gifting too, what your budget is for each person, and when I start my list (cos you know I love a list) I’ll often write any notes about things I know that person likes, wants etc. For example, I have some friends who just love lipstick, and some who wear no makeup at all but are really into their skincare. This way I can narrow down pretty quickly the kind of gifts that fit into my budget and will be a winner with that person on my gift list. Be on the look out for buy one get one frees, or buy one get one half price and 3 for 2’s, these help stretch your gift giving further.
Break A Larger Gift Into Lots of Smaller Ones – Advent Calendars are a great example of this, so if for example you’re looking for nice stocking fillers or maybe gifts for work colleagues, these are a great way to get more bang for your buck. Even full size gift sets can be broken down into smaller gifts, which you can gift wrap beautifully to make an individual gift. A few examples that work well for this are Diptique’s Set Of Mini Candles, or Ciate’s Mini Mani Month Nail polish Set.
MY TOP PICKS OF THE CYBER WEEKEND SALES
- Kiko From now until Sunday the 26th at 6pm EST, KIKO MILANO is celebrating Black Friday with an unmissable offer: buy 6 items and 3 least expensive will be FREE! You guys no I’m obsessed with my Super Colour Eyeliner in 102 Bronze, I think I’m actually on my 4th tube, so I’ll be stocking up on those!
- ColourPop Have 20% off all Palettes until 11/25 11.59 Pm PST. We’ve raved so much about this brand on the podcast, and with good reason, its super affordable and great quality!
- Make Beauty is a newer discovery for me, but one worth taking advantage of in the sales. They’re currently offering 25% off site wide with the code BLKFRIDAY25 plus free shipping on orders over $25. I’m obsessed with their Dew Pot In Bronze.
- Violet Grey is one of my faves for hero beauty products, and for a limited time they are offering the following offers: $15 off orders over $100, $50 off orders over $250, $100 off orders over $500, and $250 off orders over $1000.
- YSL Beauty have 20% off plus free shipping on any order over $50 using the code HOLIDAY20
- Urban Decay are offering 25% off plus free ground shipping using the code LETSCYBER for two days only!
- Glossier currently have 20% off site wide plus free shipping so I’d definitely recommend picking up a Boy Brow and one of the Cloud Paints.
- Charlotte Tilbury has 50% off selected Luxury Beauty Kits including the Book Of Makeup Magic which contains lots pf little mini gifts, perfect to split into individual gifts or use as stocking fillers.
- Bobbi Brown have an amazing 25% off plus free shipping over Black Friday weekend! I’ll be ordering the Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Taupe and some more Long Wear Gel Liners For My pro Kit.
So there you have it, my top picks and hopefully some handy tips to help you make the best of cyber weekend. Let me know if you have any other recommendations in the comments below.