Guys, I’ve waited so long to share this with you! On the 21st January something very special is coming, something I’ve put my heart and soul into. I’m launching my first MUA course ‘Level Up’ – How To Take Your Makeup Career To The Next Level.
If you’re already signed up to my mailing list (which also gives you access to my free VIP section) then you will have seen a few insights and sneak peaks already, but today I wanted to share the modules of the course with you to give you an over view of what the course will cover.
I made this course because I genuinely felt there was nothing like it on the market. It’s the very thing I so desperately needed both when I was starting out as a makeup artist, and throughout my career when I’ve felt unsure what to do next. Building a career in this industry takes time, and the financial and emotional struggles can really take a toll when you’re not seeing the results you want, or feel like you’re not progressing in the right direction.
‘Level Up’ is designed to answer your questions about the complexities of the business of makeup, and help you get clear on your goals and the next step to achieving them. I whole heartedly believe this course is the ultimate resource for makeup artists who want to grow and build a career they love. ‘Level Up’ includes case studies from industry professionals, including the very people that ACTUALLY book MUAs.
Everyone from producers, art directors, photographers, shoot co-ordinations and more. There’s also case studies with tips and advice from todays leading makeup artists, including Katie Jane Hughes, Nikki Deroest, Monika Blunder, Adam Burrell and more. The course will be $297 (I have a special bonus for my mailing list & VIPs so make sure you’re signed up). I’ve also made sure there’s the option to pay in three monthly instalments.
I’ve made a list of the modules below. I’m counting down the days. Mark your calendars!
MODULE 1: THE MAKEUP ARTIST MINDSET
- Getting clear on your goals
- Creating the mindset you need to achieve your goals
- Dealing with rejection & why it makes you a better artist
MODULE 2: DEVELOPING YOUR SIGNATURE STYLE
- How to find your signature style
- Attack your weaknesses
- To assist or not to assist
- How to keep afloat financially while you’re starting out
- Getting organised
MODULE 3: EMBRACING SOCIAL MEDIA AND WHY IT’S YOUR BIGGEST ASSET
- How social media doubled my income & making it work for you
- Finding the platform(s) that are right for you
- Creating your brand
- How to be a marketing mastermind
- How to connect with beauty brands and get kit support
MODULE 4: CREATING A DIGITAL PORTFOLIO & A WEBSITE THAT GET YOU NOTICED
- Creating a digital portfolio
- Creating a professional looking website
- How to connect with other creatives to grow your network, & find your people
MODULE 5: HOW TO GET CLIENTS AND KEEP THEM
- How to find the clients you want
- The perfect pitch
- Standing out and leaving a great impression when you do meet them
- Set Etiquette
- Negotiating Fees
- Invoicing the client
MODULE 6: HOW TO APPROACH AN AGENCY AND IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU
- What agencies actually do
- Freelance MUA vs Agency repped artist. The pros and cons
- Contacting an agent
- How to pitch yourself to an agency
- Moving abroad/moving cities for work
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.